Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Chicken Livers wrapped in bacon


                                         Chicken Livers wrapped in bacon



A hand me down recipe with many memories attached to it. This is a restaurant recipe it was taught to my mom by her uncle who worked in a restaurant and this was their delicacy. In turn my mom taught it to me and I'm showing it to you,  my readers and my followers. I love this hors d' ouevres specialty.





Recipe by Mommy's Kitchen
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 -30 min
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pound chicken livers
  • 12 - 15 bacon strips
  • 1 lemon ( sueezed)
  • 1 tablespoon oregano
  • 1/2 cup oliv eoil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • salt and pepper to taste
                                              Wash your chicken livesr and place them in a pan





Marinate them for 1 hr, mix all the above ingredients
and place your chicken livers in pan.

After they have been marinated, roll each one in bacon strips



Place in a pan and bake for about  20 - 30 min. 


Serve alone or 


in a platter as hors d' ouevres 



Another great dish from my kitchen to yours !! Kale Orexi !!