Sunday, October 18, 2015

Quail Eggs - a quick appetizer

Yum
             


Quail Eggs a Quick Appetizer





The other day  my friends called me and said they were coming over with their  kids and I literally didn't have anything in the fridge. As soon as I put the phone down I ran to the supermarket, didn't have the slightest idea what to prepare for mothers and kids. Didn't have time to prepare various dishes, so I needed something fullfilling, fast and easy. As I was browsing and staring at the shelves, I came accross quail eggs. Hmmm.... food for thought ;) Unique, easy and fullfilling for moms and kids. So I bought a few, boiled them, accompanied them with Italian salami, olives, corn and of course  a cheese platter. I spiced it up for the adults and served it with a chilled semi sweet white  wine and I left them plain ( as seen in the picture below for the kids) served the kids fresh  squeezed orange juice.  I made a about 3 platters and we all had a wonderful afternoon!  

Quail Eggs don't taste that much different from chicken or turkey eggs. Even though Quail Eggs are tiny in size but they are filled with vitamins. In fact they have a greater nutritional value than chicken eggs. They are very high in B1 vitamin, iron and potassium.




Quail Eggs - a quick appetizer

Ingredients
  • 1 package quail eggs
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 salami
  • 1 package of olives
  • 1 small tomato ( used to place corn inside) 
  • 2-3 lettuce leaves ( to decorate your plate) 




Another dish from my kitchen to yours. KALE OREXI !!!!






















No comments :

Post a Comment