Sunday, October 25, 2015

Bacon and chili peppers bean soup

Yum



                                       Bacon and Chili Peppers Bean Soup


                                                
                          


     


Good morning  my fellow readers/followers, I'm just so excited this week! I belong  to an amazing group on facebook called Foodify, and this week we had the Fall Soup Challenge which I was thrillled to join, This was my first food challenge and I loved it!! We had to use only 6 ingredients and for me ( as you know I love spices & various ingredients) so using just 6 ingredients was a real challenge for me! My creation was Bean Soup with bacon and chili peppers, we are legumes lovers in my house. I chose legumes because they are  healthy and adding chili peppers to it just makes a perfect fall soup! I bring another great recipe from my kitchen to yours. KALE OREXI!!!




Ingredients
  • 1 pound small white kidney beans
  • 1/2 celery stick
  • 5 bacon slices
  • 1 chili pepper
  • 1 medium sized onion
  • 1 medium sized tomato
  • 1/4 cup oilive oil
  • salt & pepper to taste

 I soaked my legumes (kidney- beans) over night. The following day I boiled them and drained drained them in a colander. I chopped up all the ingredients and added them in the pot. I sauted for about 10 minutes, added 8 glasses of water( if needed add more. Boil on high for about 1 hr. When they have softened place on low heat and allow to simmer until legumes have reached an almost creamy taste. 









Check out my fellow Foodify Soup Contributors

No comments :

Post a Comment