Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Roasted Lamb

Yum

                                                    Herb Roasted Lamb with Potatoes


                                                         

The slightest whiff of  Roasted Lamb and we would run to the stove, open the door as if we expected the lamb to be frightened by us and it would be cooked faster. My  mom would holler, it's only been a few minutes in the stove. Ignoring what she would say I would take my fork and poke the lamb, my taste buds were just yearning to taste it. The herbs and potatoes cooked in the lamb juices and in olive oil, oh, I'm just salivating as I write this. Lamb is so tender and it's usually the popular dish when we celebrate Easter but of course you don't have to wait for Easter to roast lamb any day is just as good. Best of all it's a real simple dish to prepare and bake. I usually love to cook leg of lamb( you can cook it the exact same way) but this year my father- in-law bought pieces of lamb shoulder and lamb chops which were just as tasty. 

When you buy lamb make sure you have a trustworthy butcher and the best lamb are the ones that your butcher raises. They are the best quality of meat.  


TIPS:  a) This is one piece of meat you don't have to marinate, you season it about 1/2 an hour before baking. If you do marinate this piece of meat before you cook it, it will become chewy. b)  Your lamb should be ready in about an hour give or take a few minutes depending on your oven. I usually allow it for about an hour 1/2 I slow bake it and my family prefers it well done. 


Roasted Lamb


Ingredients
  • 4  pounds of lamb ( serves about 6) 
  • 2 - pounds potatoes
  • 1 teaspoon mint
  • 1 teaspoon rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon thyme (optional) 
  • 4 - 6 cloves of garlic 3 whole and 3 chopped.

Cut your potatoes lenghth wise or you can quarter them. Add your lamb pieces or leg of lamb to your potatoes add all other ingredients, mix everything and make sure to rub your lamb with the seasoning. Drizzle with olive oil cover with a baking sheet and place in oven. 

                                                       KALE OREXI!!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment