Saturday, September 26, 2015

Baked Ziti

Yum

Baked Ziti 


I haven't reinvented the wheel nor is this a special or traditional Greek dish but Baked Ziti, marks a certain time of my teen life and it signifies who I am today. This is enough for me to make it a dish of quality and merit.
Just like my Chicken Parmesan my Baked Ziti recipe was also taught to me by my high school teacher Ms.Frangas. Both these recipes hold so many memories. They are reminder of laughter, tears, fears and many accomplishments that rooted from my high school and its faculty. Each time I prepare and serve this dish, I feel as if I am back in that little kitchen, were it all began. I recall the first time one the classes used a microwave, as they were waiting for the cake to be baked and to their surprise the cake didn't change color like it did in the oven so they kept adding more cooking time and the end result, well they needed a chainsaw to cut it. (LOL) The good ole' times of IAK HIGH ( as we liked to call it).     Once again taking another opportunity to thank my high school teacher Ms. Frangas. Thank You, your cooking classes were entertaining and educational. 




Baked Ziti

Ingredients
  • 1 package 16 ounce Penne
  • 1 Jar  Ragu Sauce( I made my own)
  • 1/2 pound Ricotta Cheese ( You can add adjust cheese portion according to your taste) 
  • 1/2 pound grated mozzarella cheese ( same as above) 
  • salt & pepper to taste


Boil your pasta as per package instructions, make sure they are al dente. 
When pasta is ready, place in a pan add, your ricotta cheese and mix,
Add your mozzarel and parmesan cheese and mix.
Add your sauce and sprinkle some more mozzarella cheese.
Bake in oven at 356 for about 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Before serving sprinkle with parmesan cheese, your Baked Ziti is ready!

KALE OREXI!!!! 










No comments :

Post a Comment