Monday, January 11, 2016

A Healthy Salad!

Yum
A Healthy Salad! 


My first post for 2016 and I wanted it to be something healthy and quick. After all that meat eating and all those holiday time consuming meals. I decided to begin with something lighter,healthier and quicker, I created my Healthy Salad A  healthy salad always makes me feel better after misbehaving with the kitchen stove ;) 


A Healthy Salad

Ingredients
  • 1 Romaine lettuce
  • 1 cup arugula salad
  • 1 cup pomegranate
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • Parmesan cheese (optional) 

 The most important part of this recipe is to clean both salads thoroughly, I can't stress it enough. Recalling an incident I had a few years back at a  local  restaurant. I ordered a romaine salad special and when it arrived and I took the first bite, something wasn't right and then I looked at the salad and the chopped up lettuce had soil, I mean really! Soil?? Wash, wash your salad! What I do is chop off the leaves one by one cut the stem a tad bit and rinse each one under running tap water. For the arugula I cut the stem up to the leaf place in a colander and rinse with plenty of water. Let your lettuce drip dry and chop it up as you see fit. Then, add to your chopped up salad in your  salad bowl and mix. Add your walnuts ( if you would like you can chop up you walnuts) I used them whole. Add you pomegranate  and mix. Add salt,balsamic vinegar and olive oil. For added flavor sprinkle some Parmesan cheese. ( I didn't sprinkle any Parmesan cheese my family didn't want it).

Kale Orexi from my kitchen to yours! 







No comments :

Post a Comment